Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blasts Part Duex

This time I knew better - no bombings in Addis, just rumbling in the gut. I talked to my parents today and neither have had a solid poop in a week. In fact, on their walk back home from a coffee shop this a.m. my Dad actually had one of those accidents where you most definitely need to get home fast, change your pants and, most likely, take a shower. Yikes! As usual, I'm chuckling :)

They spent the evening with Hana's Grandmother and her family. She has some spices for me and they will visit with her again right before they leave to collect those. We hope to call them during that visit so Hana can talk to her Grandmother. It has been 3 years and they no longer speak the same language, but the love runs so deep that I think they will quickly overcome the logistical obstacles.

My parents return in 17 days - I think they actually leave in 15 days, but will spend a few days in the air and wasting time in airports. The girls are beyond excited to see them. Me? I'm just glad I actually made it through the last 2 months without feeling like I desperately needed their help. I'm quite spoiled to have parents living so close who actually want to spend as much time with my children as possible. I wondered how we would all do without their help and involvement. We made it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, if Hana is able to speak with her Grandmother... how great would that be? I hope that happens! I'm sure it's been a stretch for your family to have such involved grandparents gone for a long time. It'll be great to have them home! Ya-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they are heading home soon, seems like they just left! probably not to you and your girls though. I feel like I have known your parents for years now- I mean I am even familiar with their pooping schedules now thanks to your blog. I hope you keep blogging when they get back, I am sure there will be many more great stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, that last comment was from me- Charlotte. I am being rejected as a commentor all over the Internet for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've been banned from the internets in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they're almost coming home already! I'm sure their guts are relieved about that (-:

    ReplyDelete