Friday, March 5, 2010

This is not my blog...

.....but I couldn't resist. Senator Al Franken visited our school a few weeks ago and Massy walked right up and started a conversation with him. I happened to be with her at this very moment and it was pretty amazing. They had quite a long talk, mostly about her unique name. When he asked her where she got that name she told him her mom gave it to her. I then waited for her to go into her adoption story, which she is very comfortable sharing. I later asked her why she didn't tell him that she was adopted from Ethiopia after he asked about her name. She said "Oh Mom, he would have never understood that." I love this pic of the two of them.

5 comments:

  1. Massy is the cutest girl to walk the face of the earth~ seriously. Love the pic and dialogue of her and her buddy, Al. Just sign her up for Sat. Night Live right now.

    I've been meaning to speak with you about starting another blog. You are FUNNY girl. And frankly, people miss your writing style. That would be me and Ann Johnson. We are still both mourning the ending of your 1st blog. Yes, we talk about these things... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too cute. i miss your writing too. i too mourn the endign of your 1st blog but I don't have Rachelle and Ann to commiserate with. I am all alone in my grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massy rocks- wonder if she would have chatted Norm Coleman up.

    ReplyDelete