Sunday, January 24, 2010

Explanations from past posts:

Just so you're not lost (and I'm posting my own pics from Ethiopia since we can't seem to get any from the current travelers!!):

My Dad is on Coumadin because of an artificial heart valve, has to check his blood levels and email the info to the clinic in Bemidji. Then, they read it and send him instructions on how to adjust his medication to bring his blood level within range. This week his blood was too thin, so we'll hope he doesn't cut himself!

Yulemwork and Belaye are the hosts of a bed and breakfast where my mom and I stayed on our trip to Ethiopia in June 2006. Here is a picture of them building a fire for us so we could have an outside meal:



Elsae is a friend and social worker with CHSFS.

Topview is an amazing restaurant on the hillside on the west side of Addis Ababa. Here are some pictures that I took at Topview in 2006 and 2007:

Hana at the playground at Topview Restaurant, May 2007


My mom and I at Topview, June 2006


The view from Topview, June 2006

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! The pictures really help to visualize their surroundings. Thank goodness one person in your family knows how to post a pic. Just teasing, I don't blame them for their lack of technology ability. I just learned how to copy and paste last year. ;o)

    ReplyDelete