"Sher, Rick and Tornados
We are going to see Tekle (Hana's Grandmother) tomorrow. She no longer has a phone but the driver we contacted has been there. We are meeting him at 10 tomorrow and hope we find her and Joseph at home. One problem - Karen is sick this morning - the blasts. Hopefully she will be able to travel tomorrow. I have been in school for three days and it is challenging and also frustrating for me. I talked with the third grade English teacher about the pen pal letters. He didn't seem as enthusiastic as I. I will bring the letters on Monday and see what happens. I have been working with a couple of 1 and 2 grade teachers. Yesterday the 1st grade teacher used paired groups for a vocabulary spelling lesson. I thought it was great but after class she told me how difficult it was for her to deal with the noise level. She knew that it was good for the kids and a better way to learn but she had many fears that I hadn't considered. Slow down Jimmy. Hopefully when we talk tomorrow we will have news for Hana.
Jim"
I had a feeling he wouldn't write again since the longest email we got from him was when he was confined to his room. But - I was wrong! The 2nd and 3rd grades at Harper, Hana and Massy's school each wrote a letter to be given to a student at my Dad's school in Ethiopia. The letters were really neat and included photos. I sure hope the teachers in Ethiopia allow their students to write back!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment