I just got off the phone with my parents. It was 9:20 p.m. there and my Dad was rustling around in the background trying to find the Tylenol P.M. My mom kept yelling "JIM, I DO NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS, I DON'T USE IT". Apparently, he needs to get that Tylenol P.M. in his system before the buzzsaw on the other side of the double bed starts up.
They are doing well and preparing for a side trip this weekend. They will be visiting the city of Hosanna where out daughter, Masresha, is from. There is a very funny hotel in Hosanna with a very funny manager. I've met him several times and he is a riot. When my mom and I stayed there in 2006, he ran around the hotel pounding on doors at 6:00 a.m. yelling "GET UP, TAKE SHOWER!!!!". I guess there was only going to be water for a short time and he wanted to let us know. Then, when we ordered toast at breakfast, he brought us a toaster so we could make it ourselves. When I saw him again in 2007, there were no rooms available so he kicked some Ethiopians out so I could have a room. I argued with him about this and insisted that I stay elsewhere. He gave me a talking to for that "YOU ARE NOT ETHIOPIAN, YOU DO NOT KNOW. YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME." My mom is certain that he is still there as she could recognize his voice when she called for reservations. I'm sure he will not comply, but I've asked her to try to get a pic of him. His is a memorable character.
ETA (2/26): They did indeed see the manager. He wouldn't allow a picture because he was in his "sleeping clothes"! He told them to come back in the afternoon when he would have his suit on, but they had to head back to Addis.
I'm still waiting on photos from this trip.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Addis Ababa Time
That manager sounds hilarious. Too bad about him not allowing photos in his "sleeping clothes". And, way too cute that he was gonna wear his suit for the occasion. How great they are able to travel around to different locations. Love this.
ReplyDelete