Saturday, February 6, 2010

Photos - Hana's Family

Road to Tekle's House (in the middle of Addis Ababa, city of 5 million)

Path from street to Tekle's house

Sunday Visit - Tekle wasn't home, Mom shows pics to Yosef and Habtamu

Children in Tekle's Neighborhood

Yosef waving goodbye

Wednesday Visit - Yosef

Some of Hana's family - Tekle, Yosef, Aunts, Uncle and cousin

Two Grandmas sharing photos


Dinner out with Tekle, Yosef and driver/translator, Ketema


Traditional Ethiopian Meal of Injera with wat (stew)



As I post these photos I'm continually concerned about privacy. This is a private blog in the sense that the address has been given to very specific people who are close to my parents or my family. There is no published link to the blog and it can not be searched. I do not want to exploit Hana's family in any way. They are incredibly special to us and a very important part of my parent's experience in Ethiopia. My need to write this disclaimer stems from spending far too much time on adoption blogs where everyone has an opinion on adoption ethics, birth family contact and there are endless discussions and interpretations on the US and Ethiopian governments views on how contact affects ethics. It is with a lot of thought and respect that I post the information and photos of Hana's family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... the picture of Yosef waving goodbye. All of these photos are wonderful, especially the ones of your mom and Tekle. This is sooo great for Hana.

    ReplyDelete