Sunday's email from Ethiopia described their visit to Hana's family. Tekle is Hana's Grandmother and Yosef is Hana's half brother, about 12 years old. I can't express how important this visit is to us. It is Hana's connection to her family that she loves and remembers. As our family tries to save $ to make the trip back to Ethiopia, we are so happy that others are able to maintain this connection for us.
"Sher,
We went to Tekle's this morning with Ketema the driver you told us about. However, I notified him on Fri. and he was unable to reach Tekle so we took a chance and just went there. Tekle was at church and then was to do some washing for others so she was not to be home all day. We met Josef and some friends and neighbors, shared the photos with them with a promise to return on Wed. At that time , we will take Tekle, Josef and Ketema to dinner. Josef liked all the pictures especially the one of the pillow with him and his grandmother. We took pictures of everyone and had a great time and and can't wait to return. Hana, we only showed the pictures but did not share any of your drawings or letters because we are waiting till we meet them all on Wed. It was all very wonderful to see the place where you were born and it made both Boppa and I very happy to be there. Everyone was very happy and friendly to us so we are anxious to return. We did take some pictures and will try and send them to you tonight. Josef laughed really hard at the the picture of you cutting dad's hair. Tekle does still have her phone which is a land line but apparently wasn't working when Ketema first tried but he remembered being there with Charlotte so finding it was not a problem. We will check on your sponsorship and make sure they are receiving it. I am feeling much better thanks to cipro. However, I had to say home last night when everyone went to a very good Italian restaurant but it was ok as I needed some alone time . The group is wonderful but it gets a bit too much for me at times. Guess I'm just too old for dorm living.
Can,t wait for you call tonight.
Love Nana and Boppa,XXXXOOO"
My mother is feeling oversocialized??? I didn't think that was a possibility!!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Addis Ababa Time
Ohhh, I just loved this! And, how wonderful for Hana. Wow. I'm still overwhelmed that your parents are even there. Is this great or what?? ;o)
ReplyDelete