Friday, February 26, 2010

My parents have been busy traveling each weekend - last weekend to Hosanna, 4 hours south of Addis Ababa - and today to Harar, 9 hours east of Addis Ababa. Hosanna is a special place for us as Masresha was born there and still has family there. The trip was emotional for them. Harar is somewhere I've always wanted to go. It is an ancient, walled, Muslim city. I am very excited to hear from them when they return.

They sent me some photos of their trek up to Entoto. I posted the text on this trip on 2/15/10.




Some asses.....


Firewood carrier



View from the top


I have no idea who this adorable kid is, but he is in several photos of the day in Entoto. There are also several great photos of the roomies, but I didn't feel like I could post them without asking them. I know that my parents have become very close with their housemates and plan to see them again this summer in MN.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty photos and what a darling boy. That firewood carrier... wow. Large load. What an experience your parents are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you are aware, we were promised Hanna would have a traditional coffee ceremony ready and waiting for us when we visit!!! :)

    We've heard so much about your family, we're excited to meet you!

    Best,
    Megan (the one they call 'Gunner')

    ReplyDelete