Okay, I talked to them today. We're gettin' the goods in the form of pics and journal entries soon from the most incredible trip either of them have ever experienced. Harar was beyond incredible (they fed raw meat to hyenas after dark) and so was the 9 hour drive through the mountains. Here is a quote from Jim about the drive through mountain switchbacks at high speed -
"Ethiopians are no doubt the kindest, friendliest people I've ever met. But when they get behind the wheel of a car, they turn into fucking lunatics."
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Addis Ababa Time
They fed meat to hyenas and didn't get their hands bitten off?? After Jim's quote about the mountain ride, I can sense his fan club gathering momentum. I was in Haiti as a teen and I know what they're going through as far as travel. Thank the good Lord that America has actual driving LAWS. Jeesh. Scary!
ReplyDeleteThese are just a teaser, but include a few photos of your parents you might enjoy...
ReplyDeletehttp://web.me.com/bagelshmagel/Bagels_Blog/Photos/Pages/Harar,_Part_2.html#grid
Megan! I found more pics of "the old timers" on your blog than there is on this (their) blog!!! And, your pictures are better!
ReplyDeleteAnd - my Dad has nicknamed almost everyone he has ever met. Worse yet, the nicknames stick.
In all of your spare time, could you please help the old farts load some pics and send them this way??? Also, maybe you could type out some journal entries for them as they seem to be writing them with pen..... What is this - 1985? :)